Friday, May 27, 2016

Last regular day at school

First regular day of school ... 
January 1956. (It might have been February). I started kindergarten in the middle of the year, close to my birthday.  It was snowy so I had on a warm  flannel shirt. Also, I got to sit on a 2x8 piece of wood, so I was not sitting on the cold snowy step.  Very cute crossed ankles.
I love the stretched out cotton socks and Mary Jane shoes.  I guess the time was not close to Easter when we got new socks (and underwear) in our Easter basket,  
When I started school,  both Keith and Jean were in the picture,  hence the  lowered door knob. It was probably a thread spool that Dad put on the door at our level.   I never noticed that before.

Who would have thought that in May 2016 I am headed to my last day of regular school????


Last day of regular school ..... without the perfectly cut (short) straight bangs and the innocent sweet look.
Though my hair does continue to look like I just got out of bed.



Definately, the board was bigger when I was 5.
Now my last day was a regular day.  I changed a student's math class for next year. One student took semester tests early. English students wrote about Doritos commercial and got a small bag. Indep living class fixed chicken patties and laughed that I had Doritos for them .... Because Ron Clark had a rule out lawing them in his Esss 55 book.   That is funny!  We finished watching that movie.  After school was a party for the C's who ARE retiring after a total of 65 years between them.   Finish packing at home.
We left about 5:45 to drive to Denver. Now we are driving about 45 mph thru a bad rain storm. We made a reservation in Ogallala  for tonight. Uffta. Lord, continue to give us a safe trip
Laurie and Alan are at the farm for Anabel's dress rehearsal.  Missouri Johnsons are at Kingsley.  Anabel has been running a temp.  Phillip took her to the doctor, nothing showed up on the blood work.  Luke is running a half in Tennessee ??  Mandy and Jason are running a half at Grandma's and staying with Siches. Fun weekend for everyone.
This week we heard that Lynn  B has been continuing to battle cancer.  Lord, please be with her and her family.  Wow, what a shocker.  I take so much for granted.  She has been a great help to the resource room and the students.




No comments:

Post a Comment