Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Scholarships 2016

Regular day at school.  Ind. Liv mixed up the pizza dough yesterday and put toppings on today and put the pizzas in the refrigerator. I stopped at home before heading to Prairie Pedlar.  The plant I wanted to get identified was the Wall flower or Cheiranthusus.   It sounds like it is a biannual, and I have not worked with them very much.  I got 2 succulents, and 6 plants for pots on the deck.  A bright pink geranium, (I usually don't buy them).  My favorite bright pink New Guiney impatient with dark foliage and a blue petunia that should drape over the pot as it grows.   At home, I ate a quick bite and went to the Senior Award ceremony.  45 Scholarships were given in Dollars for Scholars.  The DFS totalled $158,000.  Plus a lot of community scholarships.  At home,  I picked asparagus and washed it in the sink.

OABCIG High School Principal Pat Miller reported that 46 graduates earned local scholarships totaling $358,885, of which some $158,295 came from the 22-year-old OABCIG Dollars for Scholars fund started by the late Whitey Thompson.



No comments:

Post a Comment