Sunday, April 16, 2017

HE is Risen, INDEED!!!!

What a sweet morning.  We slept well in the camper.  Nice and quiet.  When I came in to fix biscuits and gravy I heard this sweet cooing baby.  It made me smile,  soooo precious.  Karen said today was the first day Rose had not woken them up with a cry.  She woke them up with a sweet voice.  She went to bed at 8, fed at 2:30, then up at 7 for the next meal.  She is a keeper.  I sat by Luke at church.  Helen slept in his lap.  What a great Easter!!!  Precious baby.  I remember going to Sunday night church with baby Luke, just so I could sit in the back and hold him and just love him and love the Lord and not have and other concerns than that special little boy in my arms.  (Even now as I look at that picture of Rose sleeping on Luke's lap, my heart fills up with love, joy peace, contentment.  There is nothing like a sleeping baby to bring out the very best things in life!!  Then add to that the baby is sleeping on her daddy's (your baby's ) lap.  Thank you, Jesus!)
Luke and Karen went to Dose's for lunch.  We fixed brats for Cooks and us.  So nice to sit and relax and visit and spend time together.  Two hour nap, then Denny planted his  potatoes while I planted some glads and sprinkled larkspur seeds among the bulbs,  We  put the bike rack on and headed to Wall Lake Sauk trail.  But before that Denny checked the air in the tires of his discarded Trek bike.  We switched seats and I am now riding his caste off bike that has the handle bars up a little so I don't have to ride with my nose to the pavement.  So happy to be able to look around a little and sit up a little straighter.  We biked past Breda ... about 22 miles.  It was dark when we finished.   Denny biked to my left the last 2 miles so I could use his headlight to see where we were riding.  I did okay on Denny's old Trek.  We kept each other company.  
Thank you, Jesus, for the amazing day!!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment