Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Storm Lake at night

Another wonderful day in the Midwest.  As I was reading I looked out the window and saw a big Tom turkey with his tail feathers spread out heading behind the bunk house.  I tried to get a picture, but I was too slow.  In a while he appeared on the other side of the bunkhouse by the swings.  The blurry picture doesn't do it justice.  As I thought about it later I realized quite often I see turkeys as I sit in on the sofa with that view.  In fact the news is full of turkeys.   After I started a load of clothes, I mowed the lawn. Denny had started the mower before he left for work, I just kept it running as I had my devotions, etc.  I wasn't going to chance it stopping.   I mowed a strip for some more flowers south of the asparagus rows.  In the afternoon I cleaned.   Felt good to get it done.  Even Denny was amazed at the job I did.  We had orange chicken for supper.  I left at 7 to go get Laura in Storm Lake.  Nice to visit with her and hear what she has been doing lately.  


The bird was above the blue chair and to the right of the 2 vertical black posts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment