Friday, April 28, 2017

Omaha with Mandy

Up early so we could get to Clarkson by 7:15.  Pretty much pouring down rain as we walked 3 blocks to find the right place.  Mandy gave her summary of her project about 10:20.  She did a great job.  I walked to her car in the rain.  Oh, yes, I do not do a great job of picking out clothes.  (I guess I still have the Texas mindset that I can wear warm weather clothes.  Uffta!! )  When I got there I got in the car, and must have hit the panic button.  Oh, yes, the alarm went off.  I tried to shut it off, Finally it quit.  I tried to start the car.  The key wouldn't turn to start the engine.  And the alarm went off again.  Repeat this process about 7 times.  Wrongly I texted Mandy to see if there was any special trick to starting her car.  Uffta.  I talked to Kathy and she and Rory came up to get me for a quick visit.  We went to their new home on 60th street  5421.  Saw Lydia, Allen, and Lawson. Kathy drove me back to where Mandy's meeting was ... 12:46.  Just when I told her I would be back :).  Planned to pick her up and give her a ride to the car.  Mix up of information.  We finally left the parking lot at 1:30 and headed to do some errands and returns for Mandy.  She dropped me off at the Apple store to see if they could fix my location devise on my phone.  Of course, it was working then  .... and so they did nothing.  Uffta!!  Still, it was so good to spend time with my daughter.  We did some more shopping and went back to the hotel.  Meal at Granite City.  Cooks and Denny met us there.   

Oh, yes, and Mandy's final project did place 3rd from about 40 in the class.  Sweet!!! She did not even know that they were rating the projects and announcing the top 3 to the whole group.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment