Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sat March 20

3/20/10 First day of Spring!! The snow storm yesterday really messed up the spring look. My drive to Carroll went very slowly because of the icy, snowy roads. The Prius got an oil change. They had misplaced the grill part. They didn't want to fix the reason the 'check engine light' went on. I had a fun time with Gail visiting thrift stores. At one store I saw a sign IT TAKES TIME TO GROW OLD FRIENDS I am so thankful for the friends I have had through out the years. Mandy tried to talk me into getting a facebook page ... to keep in touch with my old college friends. It seems alittle complicated to me, so I haven't done it. I am so thankful that I do have so many friends that have shared my life for many years. I think I met Diane V. W. when I was in about 1st grade. We were at Hesper church for some kind of a program. She was with her cousin? Lana N. We were singing for something. Not much contact for the next years. Our schools went together when we were about in 8th grade. From then on there were so many shared activities ... school, band, softball, track, cheerleading, phone calls, letters, visiting each others home. Dad always called her his little Blondie. Thanks, Diane, for your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment