Sunday, June 27, 2010

Monday June 21


I was at the unit by 5:30. Home for coffee and to visit with Gail and Denny. They left about 7:30. I left soon after that. I drove to Council Bluffs to meet Becky and the kids. First I shopped at Hy-vee, then to the Goodwill. They got there soon after I did. Great to have the kids wit us for the next 6 days. I got food for lunch at Hyvee so we stopped and ate with the folks. Denny had a bank meeting in Sac City over the noon hour and wasn't available for lunch. As we walked into the house I spy ed a tiger kitten. I tried to pick it up ... I did pick it up ...It bit my finger ...I tried to let it down ... It bit my finger 3 more times ... OUCH! Inside Grandma listened and the kids told her about it. Torren has great facial expressions and sound effects of guns and explosions. He kept us quite informed as he talked to us about all kinds of stuff. Soon afterwards, as Grandma prayed before the meal, I heard muffled sounds coming from Grandpa's direction. I wondered ... Perhaps they had gotten bad news, Was Grandpa crying? What might have happened? It would seem so out of character for have him crying. It must be very bad news. After the Amen, I looked at Howard. His eyes were watering and his belly was shaking from holding in the laughter at Torren and his demonstrative tales. He said something about sound effects and laughed right out loud, relieved not to have to hold it in any more. SO FUNNY! In the afternoon Torren took a nap. Haley and I rested in my bedroom. Then she helped me get ready for the garden party. She cut flowers and helped set out dishes. Six gals came at 6:30. Nice evening. Denny went to the Sac Co. Cattle men's barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment