Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wed June 9

We were thinking of taking the kids to a beach this weekend, but a rain shower was all they needed. What fun they had running through and jumping in the mud puddles!


I was up at the unit before 5. Then home to cut flowers for the bouquet. I put the flowers in the refrig in the garage to "harden off" several hours before I put them in an arrangement. I called 2 home school parents from SC and picked up 3 big boxes for Kim W. Howard and Anabel met me in IG and I rode with them to SC for Anabel's chemo. Kim met me at the Nylen Center and got her 3 boxes. Anabel has a 4 appointments when she goes for her treatment. We got there for her 10:30 appointment. We wait in the lobby. They call her name, she and I go in and she has blood drawn. Back out to the lobby and wait. They call her name. She and I go and she has vitals taken by a nurse. Back out to the lobby to wait. Next is the call for the doctor consultation. Howard, Anabel and I go and meet with the Doctor who is from a different country and speaks very rapidly. Anabel's white blood count is up to 4.4. The last time (May 24) it was 1.2 - no chemo. (Watch for infections. She went to the hospital for 3 days after that because her temp got high.) The previous time it was 2.3 - no chemo. She can have chemo today. 24 hours after todays chemo she will have a longlasting white blood cell booster shot. She can have no chemo after that shot for 14 days. She can have the shot administered in Ida Grove tomorrow. That is a good thing, I think. Just driving to SC was tiring for me.
At home I mowed the yard. I called Gail and changed our plans so I would meet them in Avoca at 7:20 am to ride with them to see Mandy. I got to spend a little more time with Denny after he got back from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment