Friday, August 8, 2014

Day on Mackinac Island

I got up at 7 and sat on a beautiful front porch of an inn on the Island. It was such a bright, crisp morning.  Fun to watch a bike with a water tank watering the hanging baskets.  Great place for my morning devotions.  Denny and I ate breakfast at a ma, pa, daughter and aunt place.  Small and good food.  They close the door at 11 to get ready for lunch menu. Then to carriage ride around the island, going to the state park and fort.  We ate overlooking the harbor.  It was beautiful.   I got a hat at a shop on the way back to downtown.  We rented 2 bikes to ride around the island.  Ate crackers,  smoked fish dip and crackers.  This smoked fish dip was recommended by one of the horsedrawn carriage drivers,  I was hesitant, but Denny said,"Get it"  and it was good.  There are 17 fudge shops on the island,  and I got a sample at about 7 shops.  Yum!  We took the 8 pm ferry back to St. Ignias.  I checked school email.  UFFTA!!! that is coming up.  We're looking at the maps and trying to decided which direction to go next.  It has beenn a great vacation so far.  We walked to BC pizza and it was great.  Thank you Lord for this day.  Contiue to lead us and my friend, Beth in what she needs to do.  Two different situations, we both want your leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment