Friday, March 13, 2015

At home

Read and finished The Last Mohican. Then I finished watching the you tube movie from 1974. It was a real thriller, but it helped me figure out who the characters were. I must admit the book was as hard for me to read as some of the graduate books from Morningside. Only the vocabulary was tougher. Denny was cleaning. Breakfast was blueberries and raspberries in the sunroom with toast. Washed a couple loads of clothes. I started to clean off the dahlia tubers in the basement. Jensens came over and we ate lunch on the deck. Anabel and Brooks were in Ames with G'ma Laurie. They went to a gymnastics meet at ISU last night. Josh M. was playing with Evan, they walked over a long the stream. They spent the afternoon playing in the grove. Denny and I sat on the deck and thought out of the box about the farm. What a beautiful afternoon. Laurie brought the kids back and is staying for the ISU KU game. Denny ironed his clothes and I sorted recipes from Independent living. We headed to Jensens and walked in right as ISU won. Everyone was jumping up and down. Jason was at the game. Mandy is staying with Matt and Becky for the weekend. Jason stopped in there on his way to Kansas City so he could earn the $20 bet on having the first visit to a siblings home. I started watching Gilmore Girls before I went to bed. Seems much better than the one Denny was watching. Hope I sleep better than I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment