Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sounds windy from my bedroom

Awake and reading is bed ... so nice and warm with the wind scooting outside. Denny is home today so I will take the Grands in for donuts by myself. He plans to go to work tomorrow. I thought this quote from a blog helps tell about God's grace in my life: I remember a shirt from the campus ministry, I was involved in during college -- it said, "I am evidence of grace" on the back. I always thought that was so cool. I really am the evidence of God's grace. Every good thing in my life is because of Him alone -- I didn't earn any of it and I certainly don't deserve any of it either. Many times when I post a photo here of the kiddos or my husband or other family and friends in our life, I am overwhelmed with God's goodness to me, to us. I am thankful, I am humbled, I am a recipient of undeserved grace. This is another blog comment that made me smile: As my high school band mentor Steve McCombs liked to say, "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." I picked up the Grands for donuts before SS. Evan brought a book to read while we ate at Sparkies. It was palm Sunday and so cute to watch the kids with their palm branches. Brooks sat with me during church. It doesn't get very much better than that. After church, I went to IG to get potatoes to fix for next weekend. We watched TV in bed. Restful afternoon. I feel way too lazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment