Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fighting a cold

Kinda lazy am.  At least I did not take too much cold medicine last night.  I worked on Pimsleur with laptop and phone.  Uffta!!! I can't remember the words.  At 11 I went to get lunches in Schleswig for Julie and took them to the Henningson field.   I got a haircut from Anna at 12:30.  Study at Ginny's 2-4.  At home I fixed some peanut soup and picked up Brooks at 6:15 and took him to wrestling.  I went to Shirley H's visitation.  The timing worked out perfectly.  I was so glad I went.  I met Shirley some how and I remember she was the first person to invite me to church.  She went to Faith Lutheran in Odebolt.  I played softball with her.  She was a slowpitch pitcher.  Ila her sister in law played first.  They were both about 55+ when we played.  I walked thru the visitation with Sue, who played softball with us.  Sue and Kris, a daughter were really fun to play ball with.  Mary another daughter had cut my hair for about 6 years. Quite an amazing family.   Shirley Hemer  had a lived a life that was full of celebration!!!!   Thirteen really fine kids ... 42 grands ... 42 great grands.    A span on 20 years between the oldest and youngest children.






No comments:

Post a Comment