Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Emmetsburg

Left Arthur at 8 to travel to Iowa Lakes Community College.  Arrived at 9:45 after stopping at Pizza Ranch to make sure they had a buffet tonight.  Drove past Lauren's apartment.  Then ti ILCC and visited with Lauren and Jen.  Stopped to get writing input from Laurie.    Lauren walked with me to eating hall.  I fell down and scraped my lip, nose and chin.  UffTa  So clumsy.  Sat in one of Lauren's classes.  Sat in one of Jenn's classes.  I knew I needed to lie down, so I stopped at a consignment store.  Mainstreet Memory Mall It just happened that the owner Laurie grew up with Becky R.  She showed me a place to lie down and gave me a quilt for comfort.  I relaxed for almost 1 1/2 hours.  I really needed to lie flat on my back.  Before I left I gave her some cinnamon rolls.  I had put together care packages for Lauren, Jenn, Christian, and Deanna and had not given the rolls to the ILCC staff.  Laurie really appreciated the rolls and I appreciated a place to lie down.  Christian was willing to eat pizza with us.  I invited his roommate Brandon so Chris would not be the only guy.  Jenn's g'ma was not doing well health wise.  She talked to her mom and I told Jen I would be happy to give her a ride home.  We left at 7 and met Dawn at 8:45 at the Arthur Bank.  Really a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment