Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sat July 24

Well, I ran it - without stopping to walk. That was my goal. (I've found it is not good to have too high of expectations.) I got to Kingsley about 7:40 am, parked a couple blocks away by Pronto, hustled up to register, and found out the only bathroom was at Pronto. The 5K race started at 8. The line for the bath room was slow, ask Haley. She kept trying the knob to hurry them up. While I was running the first mile I heard some one behind me reply to someone not running. She said," I'm dying." I thought," I'm living, and so thankful I can run, and it's a beautiful day." I finished the race under 36 minutes. 12 min miles. (Most people walk it faster). Great to see the Missouri Johnsons and the Hirschmans. It sounded like they had a great vacation at the Black Hills. Note the green cast. Denny worked at the unit most of the day. Mark and Curt were there early loading out culls. Denny got to visit with them. Then he got the sprayer going on the wheeler. He was so happy too be spraying weeds at the unit and around home. Pretty lazy rest of the day for me. To tell the truth I was bushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment