Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday August 23

Up at 5:15 - Devotions - Ran 2 - Coffee at folks before work. At school I called Morningside and signed up for 2 classes. I also took the info to Supt. T. to complete pre-employment details. Someday I may sign a contract and be a real - official - provisional - teacher. Lots to pray about. I visited with 2 students today. What a lot of baggage they have to take to school. It makes my heart ache for them. Please remember to pray ... for them... and all the children that you love. I just want to put protective arms around them to keep them a safe and love them. After 5, I met Denny in Arthur for Monday night dollar hamburgers. Mine was $1. He had the works on his ... bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms, cheese and his cost $3.25. We also had cheese balls. Denny had a gift certificate, plus he is happy to support a local small town business. I went to Bible study at Danielle's with Laura, Elizabeth, Steph, Emily and Ranae. They were happy to hear the news of the Jensens moving back. Today I did something I have not done in a long time, maybe 35 years. I put my wedding ring on to leave it on. I wore it to Colorado this summer, but it didn't fit on my left hand, so I put it on my right. Mandy pointed out to me I had it on the wrong hand. Today it went on my left hand, with a lot of pushing and shoving. Hopefully it will stay for another 35+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment