Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wed. August 18 37 years!! First day teaching


Devotions, Ran 2 miles, Coffee at the folks, I stopped at the unit before work. Curt and Rick were there. I told them how both of their wives were retired from teaching and this was my first day. They were loading out the sows that were left in the building. School day went okay. ONE down. There is so much I don't know. I would ask Denny after each day of work when he started how he would rate it 1- 5. Well, I would give it a 5 on how much I liked working with people and a .5 on how much I felt like I knew what I was doing. I imagine it will be like that for years. At 5:30 we met the motorcyclers and drove to Sac City. The nursing home there had sent out a flyer inviting riders to come on Wed. August 18. SO we did. About 8 bikes. The residents were outside to watch, 2 gals even got (notice I did not say hopped) on the back and took a ride. It took a crew of 6-8 to get them on and off, but BOY were their eyes shining. One had always wanted to, but never got the chance. Made me think of Mom with a smile and how it was on her to do list to ride Denny's bike. . Sure miss her. Just being at the nursing home made me think of the folks. Sure miss them. We ate at the Cattleman's. Happy anniversary!! I fixed eggs, bacon and hash browns for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment