Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Off to Cherokee

I scurried around in the am and look out about 10 loads of trash for the once a month garbage truck to pick up.  Denny headed to work and I headed to Cherokee, I had thought I would take back roads, but too snow and ice covered.  Got to Cherokee and had coffee with Mandy.   We took down some Christmas decorations.  When I showed her the pictures from yesterdays shopping trip with Anabel she laughed because I was wearing the same outfit.   I told her this was about the 4th day.  It was comfortable, not stained,  and I was with different people each day.  At a thrift store we each fgot a 16 piece nativity set.  We met Jason for lunch at Gast House I took a walk thru tour of remodeled office.   Then to the jewelry store.  Great granny's ring is in great shape. (It has just been in a lock box for the last 30+ years)  Mandy's ring was beat up.  (2 years old and worn 24/7.  Jason had it designed for "someone who will be tough on it"; the jewelry ladies thought he made the right call.  They also said "Take care of the diamonds, they are very nice.")  My ring had 2 of the 4 prongs that hold the diamond worn off.  (It is 42 years old and been worn 24/7 the last 6 years)  Denny said "Do it" and so my ring is getting repaired and I am wearing Great Granny's until then.  Mandy is checking with Jason and their jeweler in Denver to see where it can be fixed.  We walked to about every store in Cherokee.    Very fun.  Home about 4 to finish supper for Nakas.  Luke's pork roast, party potatoes, cheesey corn macaroni, ramen noodle salad and Denny's second chocolate silk pie.  Luann is inspired to start a blog.  So good to sit and visit.  Luke and Karen are on their way to Galena.  They got their print hung up abour their bed.  Really looks nice.  





No comments:

Post a Comment