Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Grilling for Awana tonight.

Nice phone call from Missy this am.  No exercise for me this am, I thought I better get started on getting ready for tonight.  Cut up salad.  I thought I was really smart boiling the water so the lemonade would dissolve better.  Well, it would have been good, BUT when I put the gallon on juice in the refrigerator to cool  ... I wasn't really careful, The refrigerator was pretty full, but the door shut  BUT...THE SPIGOT HIT SOMETHING IN THE DOOR AND THE LEMONADE ALL DRAINED OUT IN THE REFRIGERATOR AND ON THE FLOOR.  UFFTA!!  Sticky mess.  Back to square one.  Forget the boiling water, just stir it really well. AND Faith take your time putting it in the refrigerator, making sure the spigot doesn't get squeezed on.  Uffta!!   Denny worked out in the coop getting it and the fire pit ready.  After lunch I got a phone call from Dave P. who I graduated fron HS with.  It was so good to talk to him.  I think we visited for almost an hour.  I put 3 long tables in the garage and the serving tables along the south wall.  It was a great Awana volunteer supper and meeting.  29 adults and 9 kids.  I am so thankful for the many believers who give so freely of their time and love for kids that come to Wednesday nights at Awana through our the school year.  It was a real blessing to have them here for supper; the meeting in the coop was really good.  And the kids loved out yard ... zip line ... carpet ball ... soccer ... the fire pit.  Thank you Jesus. 





No comments:

Post a Comment