Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nancy visits

I was awake, but made myself stay in bed until 5:30. Missy wanted to help Laura paint, so I watched the grands. I cut the corn off the cob that was left from the HS picnic. We went to Howard's, visited, and watered the roses. Mandy had a close coworker/friend from the intensive care unit at the University of Denver hospital that drowned at Okoboji Monday night. Very much of a shake up, very sad. So many things we don't understand or see the reason for. Mandy was talking to another coworker and the coworker said Jennifer commented on Mandy's face book post about Mandy doing the triathlon. Jennifer had said she didn't know how to swim and the coworker said she would be glad to teach her. I came home and picked and refrigerated flowers for CSA share. Then I came in and bagged corn for the freezer. We left for IG about 11:15. I took transcript to school and we went to Laura's. Missy took kids and I swam 26 laps at outdoor pool. What great water. It felt so good. At home I made the third pan of cinnamon rolls. I read some pages of Dakota. I fixed BLT's with Denny's favorite thick sliced peppered bacon. Nancy got here about 5:15. Howard, Mandy and Denny got here about 5:40. After supper we walked around the acreage and Later Denny joined us at the CSA shed. What a great night to visit. Nancy has a new Ipad and it was fun to look at and work with. I made a batch of pesto when we got in. Great day!! Pictures from Barn Party. Our take on American Gothic. Some people did better than others creating the essence of rural life.

No comments:

Post a Comment