Friday, June 21, 2013

It is good to have incentives

I was awake from 3-4:30, Didn't get out of bed. But then slept until 7. Kind of a treat to stay in bed that late. Devotions and some of Dad's good coffee as I walk outside and looked at flower beds. I had a goal, if I got the asparagus bed weeded and most of Bob's plants in the ground, and the Smoke tree bed weeded I could reward myself and go to Green acres green house on the other side of Smithland. I called Cathy and she could join me. I packed a picnic lunch and picked her up about 1. Then to a park outside of Smithland. The drive through gate was locked, but we carried the basket through a walk-thru fence. As we were eating a pickup drove up and Cathy was concerned we might be in BIG trouble. Pretty funny. I only bought a colored Cleome plant at the green house , but Cathy got 3 of my favorites ... delphinium. We planted them at her house. On the way out of town I stopped at Bomgaars and got asters. $.25 a box. I love those fall flowers and hopefully they will grow. At home I watched the news. When Denny got home, he went out to play monster on the trampoline with the Grands. That means he crawled around on the trampoline and growled at them. They ran around on the tramploine and tried to avoid his reach. I steamed spinach for freezing and then went outside. It was nice out. Missy and Phillip were weeding, I joined them and visited. Nice night outside visiting and weeding. Pictures of park picnic and Grands at IG school playground taken last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment