Saturday, March 4, 2017

Farmers Market

I got up and trudged 3 miles.  Nancy wasn't feeling the best and so I went to coffee and donuts alone.  From there I used google maps/voice directions to get me to the farmer's market in Brownsville.  Maybe there were 20 venders.  Live music was nice.  I bought some fresh dill and cilantro and sat a read a book.  Hometown Tales by Phillip Gulley.  Very good fun book,  I laugh out loud when I read it.  I was there for over an hour.  Then I drove down to Elizabeth street.  Lots of dollar store there.  I got a cute pair of sandals for $10.  Kinda fun to just wander thru stores up and down 2 blocks.  Sunrise mall was the next stop.  Good will store had 50 percent off everything.  At Walmart I got cranberry juice for Nancy.  
Denny spent a nearly perfect day at home.  Slept in.  Big country breakfast at home.  Cleaned/polished motorcycle.  5 hour round trip to Algona to drop off bike to get it serviced.  Home to clean pickup and text with Cooks.  We will be praying about job for Mandy after she gets her Nurse Practitioner state boards completed in November.  
Missy and Phillip head to Nepal.  Lord, guide and keep them..They left for Fort Dodge at 6, fly to Minneapolis,  Fly to Los Angelos,  Fly over the dateline, Land in Guangzhou, China.  Then arrive Monday in Kathmandu.  They left the 4th and are coming back the 17th, flying from Nepal to China to New York City to Minneapolis.  They are 11 1/2 hours away from us time wise.  That is halfway around the world.  Love them so.  
At 5:30 Gail and I went down to Lua meal.  I called Denny and visited with him while I waited to go thru the buffet line.  The dance music guy didn't show up.  And it began to rain.  Very hard, but it was very warm temperature.  I left the community hall and went across the road to play pool with Joan, then I headed back to the trailer about 9.  Another great day in the valley,  Only down side was that Denny isn't here.  





No comments:

Post a Comment