Thursday, March 16, 2017

Denny's here!!! The Cru

Denny's airplane got to Brownsville at midnight.  So good to be with him.  We enjoyed the deck and had guacamole in the 72 degree weather.  I played pool with Joan until 8 pm.  At 5:15 ... 22 ISU students in Cru came to our place.  I served PH pizza, watermelon, a jug of Pepsi, Mt. Dew, water, and a tray of cookies.  They came right from the Island and left by 6 to shower before their next gig.  One car load stayed and wiped off the tables/chairs and took them down and put back in the house.  I helped in the Pantry from 1:30-4 when I went to get the pizza.  At noon I swam laps for 45 minutes and read a book in the hot tub for about 15 minutes.  (That's how long the timer on the airjets operate.)  I stopped for coffee at Gloria's and cut up watermelon for the Cru.  The pantry had gotten 1400 pounds of watermelon and De said it would be okay if I took 2 watermelons for the kids.  She also gave me a tray of cookies, (a pantry donation from Sam's).  In the am I set tables and chairs out on the deck.  Nice phone call from Mandy.  







No comments:

Post a Comment