Sunday, March 12, 2017

Lasagna



I didn't sleep well last night, so I got up and read for a while.  I dropped Nancy off for choir practice before church and went to the convention center on the island.   I finished reading the book by Nicholas Spark  "At first Sight".  Then I went inside.  They were getting ready to feed 1,000 beach reachers (college kids working with Campus crusade, etc. during spring break on the Island).  Members of Island Baptist were bring in baked Lasagna to feed them.  Patty put me to work about 9:30 cutting lasagna into 12 pieces and then refoiling them and putting them in a warmer until time to serve.  I suppose there were about 100 pans.  Nathan texted and said the ISU Cru was staying in B'ville and going to church at First B. He said they are going to Island every weekday.   Hope to meet up with them sometime this week.  There was a service at 10:45 and after the service lunch was served.  They had 4  lines and students also got salad, bread,and cookies.  There were lots of Thank you's after I gave them their lasagna.  Very fun!!  I met up with a gal that plays bridge with Jean.  At home the resaca party moved to the community hall.  Then at 7 we played Trivia in the card room.  It sounds like Denny had a great time with Grands this weekend.  Lots of fun at Storm Lake. 








No comments:

Post a Comment