Monday, March 13, 2017

Lovely hazy gray am in Valley

I started walking while I talked to Mandy on the phone.  She was going home from working 6am -6pm and found there were drifts at her house when she arrived.  Gail and I walked to Stripes about 1 1/2 miles away.  It is good to get google docs updates on those half a world away.  I went to Pantry and played some cards.  Then to play pickle ball.  Back to Pantry, they got 1400 pounds of watermelon.  We put the first box of watermelon on the table because there was one melon on the bottom that was rotten and getting the other melons wet.  I fixed some watermelon slush when I got home, and a pineapple/coconut smoothie.  About 2 we went to the jam session in the community room. Mandy called and gave me the first 7 minutes of her talk for Wednesday.   We fixed baked stuffed peppers for potluck.  After we ate, I played bridge from 7-8, then I headed to First Baptist where Nathan said Cru was meeting.  I was in the parking lot and visited with a couple who opened a door for another group that was meeting.  They did not know about the ISU group.  As we visited a car pulled up and it was a leader from ISU.  He took me to the room where the group was meeting.  It was a God thing.  There is no way I would have found them with out running into Tony.   It was great so sit in on Cru's televised message and hear about their day at the beach.  There were 25 from ISU.  Nathan was part of the worship team.  I took cinnamon rolls.  It was a good night.     







No comments:

Post a Comment