Sunday, May 14, 2017

Saturday party for Amelia

Beautiful weather.  It seems like I kept busy all day.  I headed to church to help Rachel get ready for the party.  I cut some angel food cakes into cubes.   Then headed to Brooks soccer game.  Then back to church.  It looked so nice.  Fixed cream cheese/ choc chip dip.  Mary Kay drizzled chocolate on angelfood/ strawberry kabobs.  Missy and Kristin heated sandwiches.  They had a nice program/ceremony at 2.  Missy really wanted some sewing work done, so she came over and worked on a couple things.  I stitched my purple star quilt straighter.  I repaired their denim quilt that had seen a lot of love and miles.  Denny planted onion bulbs, he had tilled this morning.  When Missy left I mowed all of the yard.  The area across the road by the sheep barn, the driveway up to the farrowing house, and all the yard.  It really took a while ... and Denny can not believe how I can shoot grass clippings on the driveway, on the deck, up on the siding of the house, you name it ... I fling grass everywhere.  Just skilled I guess.    Then I started transplanting 6 pepper plants and 6 tomatoes and 6 cucumbers.  Uffta  I miss the CSA aready.  I planted some State Fair zinnias.  I worked until dark.  Then I took Mandy's plant out to the CSA barn to repot.  Man, when I changed my clothes, they were covered with grass clippings.  When I took a shower my hair was full of grass clippings.  I really need to learn how to catch those grass clippings OR have Denny do all the mowing.  

Oh, yes and we got the text picture.  "Sun's out, Gun's out."    


I




No comments:

Post a Comment