Saturday, September 16, 2017

Alleen's memorial

After devotions  I went out and pulled dead asters and sunflowers from the flower area.  Jean called and Denny came outside and gave me the phone.  It took a while, but we 4 sisters got connected.  Next on my list was fixing broken umbrellas.  I had no idea 6 out of the 7 umbrellas were broken.  Mission accomplished.   I took a quick shower and headed to Nancy's and Rachel's stores.  I got to the cemetery about 10:20.  Linda W. was already there.  About 25 came to the memorial,  about half Jeff's family and half Hedstrom relations.  Nice service at cemetery and nice meal afterward.  Good to talk to Deb L K.  Jeff and Carlos stayed with us tonight.  Missy and Phillip headed to Cherokee around noon and kids got together after the Cherokee trail run.  Cooks were in charge of it and had rented a cabin in the park where the race was.  Matt headed home after the run and Luke's stayed the night at Cherry Creek.  Denny grilled pork chops and we 12 ate around the sunroom table.  So good to visit and enjoy each others company.












No comments:

Post a Comment