Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday :) Jan 28 12897

Denny and I went over for coffee. Full day at school. A parent didn't show up for an IEP meeting. Bummer. Reschedule for Monday. Highlight of my day was when Heather S. came in after school and just wanted to be around someone happy in the resource room. We gave her some chocolate from a stash we always have available in the room. We listened and then told her we felt ... you "may as well laugh as cry" and "Have a good weeken." I was busy using a rubric on 18 - 9th grade - 5 sentence paragraphs on "My Perfect Job would be..." All 3 of us resource teachers are grading the paragraphs and then seeing if we give the students about the same score. UFFTA They are not very good writers, by the time I got done I was on overload, seeing run on sentences,and poor grammar. The spelling was good (THANK God for spell check). I had a brainstorm and printed off this paragraph and just slipped it in with the other 18 for Vicki and Donna to correct.
My prefect jab wood bee a spciilll edjucation teeechr. U gitto dress up nevery dae annd werk wit other g8t pe pole. And u git cndy wennever u want. Theirrrrr ore meny pe pole whoooo hep you bunches. Plus u ain’t spose t bee much smartest then yore kids. Thebist ting is u werking wit 2 berry nicer uder laidies.

I laughed all the way as I drove to Arthur to see Denny at the bank. (In the words of Luke, "Sometimes I just crack myself up.") We got pizza (for supper out in the coop), I took a hot bath while Denny started the fire out in the coop. After supper we purchased tickets to Brownsville April 21- 26. Lots to be thankful for. HOT DOG!! Or as Torren using the stick HOT MARSHMALLOW. Hope 3 of my kids are having a great time skiing. Missy is here with strep throat. OUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment