Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thursday December 30

Maynard and Bruce had a 7 am tee off time. Gail and I went to Wal-Mart to get some notebooks for the classes I teach and some pictures enlarged. Then Gail and Nancy took me to the golf course. Bruce had finally scored lower than Maynard on both rounds. I found 2 green golf shirts for the Newhouses with a Texas golf course logo. Bruce, Maynard and I left for Iowa from there. We left about 10 am. Drive about 5 hours, Fill with gas, Drive about 5 hours, fill with gas, Drive about 5 hours, Fill with gas. Traffic was heavy in San Antoinio, and Austin. Lots more stressful that the Kansas Turnpike. Drive 5 hours fill with gas. Oh yes, did I say we ate straight for 20 hours ( Sandwiches, apples, oranges, wintergreen mints, Cheesey snack mix, etc. etc.). We got to Ida Grove 7 am Friday morning. I had been gone exactly 7 days. I left 7am Friday Dec 24 and returned 7 am Dec. 31. Thanks Bruce and Maynard for letting me ride along. It worked out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment