Tuesday, July 17, 2018

NE Iowa

I slept in the trailer.  It has 5 beds, 2 are double, so 7 plus a cot making 8could sleep there.  I decided to get my walk in, so I walked over past Bruce's to the old Price long drive way.  On the way back to the pond I stopped for a quick outdoor tour/visit with Keith.  At the pond the kids had one of their favorites:pancake over sausage link on a stick.  We all went to Keith's tfor a tour of 4 buildings The gym/ old house / new house /  old hoghouse/future green house.  Then on to Decorah to have icecream at Whippy Dip and we took Mabe's pizza to Dunning spring to eat.  The road to Seedsaver was closed, so we went to Bluffton.  The upper Iowa River was pretty high from recent rains, so we didn't give the Grands any freedom to walk or float in the river.  We stopped at Bruces to say hi/bye.  Missy and the kids stayed at the pond while Phillip and I went past the winery and looked around at seed savers.  Next to clean the cabin and pack up.  Sue had been playing golf with Marilyn and they stopped to say hi/bye before we left.  We headed home around 4, stopping in Fort Dodge at Target to shop.  Good to be home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment