Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thursday Newton to Sigourney

T'was great this am, Denny just woke me up to say he was heading out.  The airbnb was right on the route.  (But later I  found out that he had a flat tire when he went outside before he even started.  :)).  Then in the next town his brakes got worked on.  He appreciated the Air Force riding team who help bikers in distress.  Meanwhile I was chilling at the Fore Seasons Golf Center across the road.  The Rhinehart Family served a breakfast sandwich.  I got one and took it with me.  About 9 I headed to Montezuma to meet Denny, I got there at 10, Denny came at 11 and left about noon.  I chilled in town before heading to Oskaloosa, stopping at New Sharon Antique stores and downtown Oskie.  When I got there Shannon was working on her garage sale.  Later we went downtown for the Sweet Corn Serenade, Really a fun family community night.   There were lots of people in the square listening to music, eating a meal and corn and looking at the crafts that were for sale.  They have an alley that some members of the community fixed up.  It is really cool and every Thursday businesses sponsor music and taste tests.  Really pretty with bricks and plants.  I went back to Jensen's place and later they brought the kids home.  I stayed with the kids, boys in the tent, and Shannon and Andrew went out for a while.  Wonderful soft bed.  Jensens went to Field of Dreams today.  Laurie has the cutest video of them coming out of the cornfield. 






No comments:

Post a Comment