Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday April 7 Second day of Trek

Okay, now they said today will be twice as long and going UP (elevation)  Twice as much as yesterday.  REALLY, yesterday about an hour into the trek, I was thinking, "Note to self.  The 45 minutes I walked on flat terrain at Four Seasons was in NO Way preparation for this."  I felt like I was majorly sucking air.  BUT I made it.  So after breakfast at 7:30, off we went UP (not down) the path.   Before we left I bought a pewter/silver??? salad serving spoon and fork from a Tibet lady.  Price started out at $22,  I had $11.85 in cash and she took it.  We made it to Tada Pani about 12:30.  It started to rain before we arrived.  In one of the tea areas I bought a sky blue pink 100% cashmere scarf.  It started out at $22,  I had a $10 bill and she settled for $11.  Phillip chipped in $1.00 rupees. After we got to our dwelling,  we had a nice N. lunch with more rain and kids playing.  Missy ordered N. pizza and french fries for supper at 5:30, so we can get to bed early.  Tomorrow we hope to trek for about an hour and then get N. breakfast along the 6 hour walk. As I work on my pictures and this blog the internet service fades in and out.  Will continue this at a later date.
This was a day of going up steps.

Having my first coffee looking at the mountains, 
or where they would be in there were less fog/clouds/overcast. 

 I got salad servers from this lady.

Beautiful walk,  Look at the view!!

2 Men cutting up planks.

 This was a common sweet sight.  Anabel did such a loving good job caring for Jenna.

 Going up the stairs took a real tole on me.  
As I went up the altitude had my heart pounding in my chest.
If I continue going up steps, I feel my pulse in my neck.
NOW When I feel the pulse in my eyeballs, I stop, bend over, lean on my walking poles,
AND SUCK AIR.  Uffta!!! This was way harder that I anticipated. 
 (Really tried not to complain.)
When my vision started to blur, I always stopped.  
Didn't want to lean one way more than 25 degrees.
Leaning more than that may cause me to fall right off the mountain.
Then I would really be in trouble.







No comments:

Post a Comment