Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday April 5 ... Off to Pokhara

Well, I'm going to try to type some of my information for my blog on my phone and copy and paste it on the blogsite.  We'll see how it goes.  This info was from my phone:

Up at 5 oatmeal for all, 2 taxis picked us up to take us to Thamel where there was 39 + buses in a row. The trick was to find Swiss tours bus. Of course, it was at the end of the line.


 We left Kat at 7 am arrived at Pokhara after 4. The Grands were troopers!  
The road was pretty bumpy ... just saying ... Brooks logged 30,000 steps on the Fit-bit he got for his birthday without lifting a foot. 
The scenery was different.  Much gray monochromatic.  Layers and layers of pocket size terraced  fields of vegetables tucked into any small area  that could be cleared and planted.  






A foot bridge high over the river. 
We stopped about every 2 1/2 hours for a RR break. Now, that was interesting. Kind of a reality check to lessen your water intake.  

Uffta!!!    Squat ...  Not for those who have weak knees. 

I'm not sure I am going to be able to do this, I'd like to have the font all the same, but I am not sure how to change the copy and pasted phone font.  We'll see ...  
We arrived and found our very nice clean hotel, two rooms for $20 each a night.  Then we went for a much needed move and walk time.  We walked and looked at shops and ate at The Moon dance, a recommended restaurant.  




We walked around the lake that is the center of activity.  



I still can't quite believe that I am here!!









Conversation opened. 1 read message

No comments:

Post a Comment