Friday, December 22, 2017

Family gets together tomorrow!!!

I went over to Jensen's about 7 am so Missy could take the boys to school and I could be with Anabel. At home I ordered alstromeria flowers.  Uffta!!! It costs lots for shipping and handling.  Phillip bought me potatoes when he was in Denison and I made potato soup for Christmas Eve.  I got a haircut at 11:30.  At 3 I went to Missy's to be with Anabel.  We watched a gymnastics movie and I peeled potatoes and started them boiling.  I got out the mixer and made frosting then washed the bowl and beaters and started making party potatoes for Missy.  At 4:30 Denny and I met with Pete to update out will plus some other papers.  Susan came out to the farm; it was so nice to visit.  We were getting ready for bed and 3 guys from CCF came to pick up a package that had been delivered to the CCF mailbox.  Nice day.  




This morning when I was at Missy's I used Phillip's computer and this was written by one of Phillip's missionary friends in Haiti as the missionary talked about December:
"It's the month I acutely feel how far away we are. Far from friends, family, snow, lights, carols and familiar Christmas services.
It's also the month where amazing and beautiful things happen.  It's the month most of HOPE's support comes in, allowing us to minister another year to this community we love.
It's the month we are reminded that our hearts are in 2 places because we love and feel loved by so many.
It's the month the longing is loudest- For family and friends and familiar but mostly for Jesus. That's good and beautiful, I guess. Hard but good.
So we sit in the tension. The already and the not yet. Pretty sure life is in the groaning...
We don't live in despair for He has come."
And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."

No comments:

Post a Comment