Thursday, April 19, 2018

Headed south ... Savannah South

Nice am.  It is warmer so maybe snow will be gone in a day or two.  I left for Atlantic about 10:15 after transferring small plug plants from sun room to greenhouse.  Some more of the snap dragons plants had lost their snap.  I took time to bleach the sink and use the spot vacuum to get the small clumps of dirt off the carpet in the sun room.  Gail and Bruce had Blue Apron lunch.  We played pickle ball from 1 until 2.  Then off to Maryville.  I had been thinking on my travels lately that I quite often "smoosh" the time just right and it works out, but that is not leaving extra time in case I had a flat tire.   As I drove i figured I had about 45 minutes to spend at Galaxy General store south of Wilcox or 45 minutes to look for a thrift store in Maryville.   That was until north of Clairemont when my car on the road started to sound different.  I thought it must be the Missouri road, but I was not in Missouri yet...  Uffta!!  I pulled off the road a little and stepped out ... Uffta!!   Yes. the front tire was flat ... very flat.   The road is very narrow, so I looked ahead and there was a farm just across the road.  New house and pick up parked in front of the house loaded with Pioneer seed corn, so I pulled into the nice flat driveway.  A pretty lady answered the door,  Her husband had just had cataract surgery, but would help me.   Now I have never changed a tire on the Prius, but I got out the manual and between Ron Kelly and myself we got it done.  Bless his heart!!! He sent me down the road 10 miles to the place where he gets his tire work done.  Got there and told him about the meet in Maryville at 4:45.  YES!! it got done and I was on my way.  I missed the first leg of the 4x800 relay, but was there for Haley's anchor run and the 2nd place finish.   Thank you Jesus.  Fun meet.   Haley was 7th in 1600 and their 4x400 got 2nd, I think.  Good day!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment