Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 9 Sunday Sept. 30


It was an amazing day!!!  All the places I have wanted to see ... but never thought I would.  We are staying in the same place tonight ... so we didn't have to pack up our suitcases.  We left about 8:15 and met our step on tour guide.  We spent the next hour just talking and driving around NYC.  We stopped at Rockafeller Center.  I had always wondered about the ice skating rink, and I got to see it.  Nearly every morning when I am home I watch NBC.  And I was outside by the NBC plaza.  I have heard about Trump Tower.  In fact, we were planning on using the RR in the building (Many of the sky scrapers have a tax break when they let the public use their first floors, so many of the buildings are accessible.)  Alas, the officers outside TT said there was a broken glass/??/window and it was being repaired, so there was no access to the building today  About 11 we got on a ferry to Liberty Island and the Statue of Liberty.  The weather was amazing!!!  And the place was impressive.  What a blessing to be there.  BUT of course herding 52 people creates its own challenges.  At the end of the day our tour guide said she was happy no one got run over, lost, or left.  It was a lot of waiting, but we didn't have to drive the busy roads.  We  boarded a ferry again and headed to Ellis Island and spent a couple of hours there.  I couldn't help but think of the passengers from many countries who waited at the island and how uncertain their futures were.  AND we see difficulty in meeting and loading our group of 50 at one place close to the same time.  When I looked on the computer and on the panels outside,I didn't find any family at Ellis Island.  Back on the bus we went to 9/11 memorial.  A beautiful sobering experience.  To top it off back at the motel we had a great meal of philly cheese steak and sweet potato fries.   It was an amazing day ... Thank you, Jesus.



























No comments:

Post a Comment