Thursday, September 6, 2018

Tribute to Marion

I went to pick grapes at 9.  It was a beautiful morning.  Spent most of it talking to Clay M. who worked on the other side of the grapevine row.   I went to the post office to get stamps to send out Awana invitations, then went back to have a bite to eat for lunch.  At 12 I went to the clinic and picked up Daniela for a quick tour of IG.  We drove past HS, Elementary school, library, pool, rec center, park where FM is, Shopko, Foodpride, Zimmies,I pointed to her where Old Town is and took her back to work.  Home quick for study: SG, TP, O? ,SG, JP,RT. I left at 2:15 to head to Atlantic for the service they were having for Bruce's mother, Marion at Heritage House.  Very nice!  So glad I went.  Jan and Dave H. were leading a small group singing hymns: Keith, Jean, Gail, Dave and one other guy.  Then Pat spoke of his mother and Scott spoke of his grandmother.  We all helped clean out her apartment and take things to church for a rummage sale in October.  We joined all of the Hendersons at Pizza Ranch.  I started to get some emails on an injury of someone to pray for.  Lord, be with the doctors and restore good health.  I headed home when I got there I had received the book, "Handbook of Flower Shows" that I had ordered.  The high hopes I had of a quick fix for my fair entries was dashed.  The only thing I found out was I needed a serving dish for the Hunter's banquet entry.  Last night I was so excited about what I have planned to do this next week (with picking grapes, fair exhibits, going to Cherokee run, seeing 3 youngest grands, heading to Atlantic and seeing Gail) that I could not get to sleep.    I kept telling myself ... Go to sleep, this is SO much better that not being able to sleep because I was thinking about what I had to do at school.  Just made me happy to plan for fun things and wonder if I could put fair exhibits together and .... I could not go to sleep.  Language note is from Missy.  Family at PR, and Henderson brothers/sons.  Missing Todd and David's son.






Text/ email from Gary:
 The picking gang:




No comments:

Post a Comment