Thursday, September 13, 2018

Full day Wednesday

Up early and on the road to Spencer.   I took the way by going north on county roads, then over thru Peterson.  75 miles.  Now how crazy it is for me to take exhibits to the Clay County Fair.  Over all I did enjoy the day this am.  Many people took me under their wing and helped me.  In fact one gal had me pull out all the flowers in my arrangement ... put in new bigger oasis that she found in the preparation room ... she put in the first 3 blue salvia stems and then she guided as I added the rest of the flowers.  Then she told me about making sure the rim of the vase was covered by leaves ... and suggested that I put in another flower in the lower right hand corner to help the rhythm of the arrangement ... then after I had placed it on the table she told me that the judges stand 3 feet in front of the exhibit and so I should place the arrangement "right there".  Uffta!!!  BUT after her assistance(creation) I did get a blue ribbon first place out of four exhibits on the exhibit "Toes in the sand".  Each exhibit is rated and given a numerical score.  Twila told me to add a few more flowers in "that area" on my "All dolled up" entry, and remove the napkin, and remove the tea cups and saucer.  On the Taco and Tamale setting I got over 90 points and a sticker, but I got a third place ribbon because there were 2 with higher points.   Twila also got a copper coffee pot and a brown bean lidded serving casserole for my Hunter's Banquet exhibit.  I'm not sure of the placing on that arrangement, because I left the CCF about 12:30, so I would be back for Denny's appointment with Dr. Meyer.  Hurrah!!!  Denny is having hip replacement surgery scheduled for October 18!!!  Now he wishes it was tomorrow, but 4 weeks out is better than the usual 6 week wait.  I am really not sure how he will make it.  He is in so much pain; I guess he will just spend a lot of time in bed, or lying on the sofa and looking at his phone ... and lots of tramadol.  Uffta!!  Awana registration was from 6-7:30.  Lots of walking and moving for him.   I thought is was a good way to get info filled out.  Too bad not more could come, but about 30 percent did come.  Then search committee interview until latethirty.  I went home and visited with airbnb gal out on the deck and then we moved to the coop because it was getting chilly.  I headed to bed and don't know what time Denny got home.  He is still in bed this am.  Keep the Tramadol coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment