Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday March 24 Arrive in Katmandu

Yes!!  I can't believe I am here.  The flight to Guangzhou was very good.   We landed about 8 am.  It was quite a procedure to get to the next flight.  First stop was getting finger printed.  We stood in line and when it was my turn I followed directions by machine and scanned my passport, scanned 4 fingers on right, 4 fingers on left, and then both thumbs and got a slip that said, "OK".  We went to the next step of getting a tourist visa.  Wisely, James had me go on-line and do the paperwork and adding a photo while I was in Texas.  I paid my $40 for a 28 day visa.  Next we stood in line to have the visa checked.  On to the next.  We went to a long line to get checked before arriving in China only to be told that out boarding pass showed that we were TRANSFERING thru China to N. and so we needed to be in a different line.   We went down the building to the correct line and were behind a family who had just come from Kat. They live in Omaha and were visiting the wife's family.  After that line we proceeded thru the security scan of our bags, etc.  Sigh of relief.  We made it okay.  Now to proceed to our flight area.  I had really thought it would be great to eat Chinese in China,  BUT all the eating places had prices in yens and I didn't want to deal with it,  So we just waited at the right gate and ate string cheese, almonds, a yogurt protein bar, and had tea made with tea that James brought and water from the hot water dispensers at the airport.  It was a couple hour wait.  James used my passport and registered me for internet access.  I was told not to use whats app, so I emailed Denny.  (He got the email 6 hours later after I had arrived in Kat.)  As our flight seats were being called James had taken a walk and returned, and we boarded for a 5 hour flight.  The young man I sat next to had been working in Australia for 10 years and was coming to his home for a visit.  Good to visit with him.  On this leg of the trip I watched more movies that I had downloaded on my phone.  Another nice flight.  And we were getting closer and closer.  When we got to Kathmandu the pilot got on the speaker and said that the terminal was so busy we were unable to land at this time.  Uffta!!! At least he did NOT say we were going back to China.  :)  So we circled for another 20 minutes before landing.  Hurrah!!! I was here!  James called Jensens and they said they were stuck in traffic.  We made it thru check in stations and got our luggage.  Four suitcases.  One had broken open and was taped shut, but it appeared nothing was taken.  It was a good thing I had gotten straps for the 2 suitcases James had filled.  :)  When we got to the taxi area, Jensens were there.  SOOOOO good.   The traffic on the way to their home was unbelievable.  Crowded, busy, noisey, smokey, VERY CLOSE, AND we made it just fine.   I went down for a nap while Evan and Phillip took the motorcycle to a grocery store and Anabel and Brooks walked down to the bakery.  When I woke up and all returned CHRISTMAS IN MARCH STARTED ... God is good.  Everyone was so generous and Jensens were so thrilled and thankful to get all the unexpected treats.  4 suitcases of goodies  200 pounds.  Mandy sent cute clothes.  Luke and Karen sent shoes for all kids.   Plus Evan got a hand me down zip up sweater that he loved at first zip and wore the next day to school.  Mo. Johnsons always know the best things to send:  clothes, bracelet, squishies, and lots of Griffon T shirts.  Anabel was thrilled  with Essential oil "mist"er from G'ma Laurie.  LOTS of candy,  Lots of Mac and Cheese, Lots of taco seasoning.  SO VERY KIND AND GENEROUS OF EVERYONE:  Mrs. Boger and  Sporers, Kathi J. Kristin B, Ranae, Aunt Nancy and Gail, Family, Book of Common Prayers for Phillip, warm sweat pants for Missy.  Under Armor for Brooks, Leggings and Tops for Anabel, Shorts and T shirts for Evan, We were all so blessed just opening up all the love, gifts, and prayers from everyone.  Thanks so much!!!   Great supper of a special treat: Mac and Cheese.  SO appreciated!!
We left the notes and card for tomorrow and headed to bed.

Picture at the airport

At the front door with sign and Grands

Such great gifts from Missouri Johnsons

Thumbs up on new shoes from Luke and Karen

Loving new clothes from Mandy

Loving Mac and Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment