Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday the 24th ..Airport to N.

Missy called at the same time I had set to get up.  I had a slow am.  I watched the news, weighed and re weighed the suitcases, I moved dishwasher into the furnace room,  I moved items from under the stairway basement storage area to the furnace room.  I took stuff out to the trash.  I measured for the basement rooms so Denny can start to look into new carpet and hopefully get it installed.  We have airbnbers coming in April 20th for 50 days.  It was great to visit with Mandy on her way to work.  James and Heidi picked me up about 1.  When we got to the airport we did a quick check of suitcase weight and had to remove only a bag of mixed candy from Aunt Nancy.  The rest was redistributed and made it ... 4 suitcases at 50 pounds each (give or take .5 pounds).  Tremendous!  Kathy R. was there with baby Grayson.  So cute and what a great treat to have her give me a hug and do a quick catchup of news.  When it was time to board and our number had been called, James got back from calling his parents and looking into getting a coffee.  The trip was eventless on our way to Los Angeles.   We had about 4-5 hour there and a gal we checked in with at the Tom Bradley airport suggested we eat at the second floor sitdown Chinese restaurant.  Our departure place would not be posted on the overhead board until 2 hours before takeoff, so we ate there.  It was SO good.  I ordered a spring rice grass salad and James ordered chicken noodles, then we shared and enjoyed a leisurely meal.   At 11 it was time to get on the plane for a 14 hour 40\ minute flight to Guangzhou China.  The trip went well, I did a movie after movie gig.  About 2 and I hadn't slept. I walked to the back of the plane, and stretched and wondered if I could make it without complaining.  I decided to SIT on the neck donut pillow and the other pillow that the plane provided, I felt lots more comfortable,  and I did some sleeping between then and 6:30.  Then back to my movies and the realization I REALLY did like to travel ... even long flights.  How often do I sit and watch movie after movie and not feel guilty?  The rest of the trip took time, but the goal of seeing the Jensen family made it a joy. 


Cool tied end of grass that was used as a toothpick to hold the lemons in my lemon water. 











No comments:

Post a Comment