Friday, July 26, 2013

Day in IG ... Z's come to visit J's

Started to fix some of the CSA share, and began the clean up of fried green tomatoes. Didn’t get either job done. I headed in to town to take my bike for repair, then realized I didn’t have my checkcabookas. So back home. Eye appointment at 9 am. Then checked out Dose garage sale again. $26 later I came home with treasures; I’m sure Denny might not agree. Ida Grove Family Drug has been bought out by Lewis Family drug. They had 75% off on everything. Didn’t but anything the first time through. Dropped off the bike at Zach’s house. Headed to borrow Amy’s bike. Met Missy at pool at 12, I swam for 45 minutes, she swam for 20 then biked for 20 then ran for 20. At one I biked 7 miles then ran 2 miles. I went to high school to put liners in my desk drawer. Then to get vinegar in case I have time to make dill pickles someday. I bought sweet corn from Bengfords. At Bomgaars I bought a bistro table for the southeast corner of the deck. Denny and I ate supper on it. At home Zurbriggers had arrived. Lots of fun kids running all over. Caleb, Micah, Hope, Josiah and Asher. Such fun to see them run from bikes on cement by CSA to Cowboy hide out to barn to see chickens. Hope and Anabe sorted the 75 stuffed animals I got for Awana at Family Drug. Mandy called while we were sitting finishing supper. on the deck. Fun to visit. We had a fire in the pit after supper and for the first time of my life I saw Denny light fire crackers and Roman Candle fireworks. Always some thing new even after almost 40 years. So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment